Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Story Time

Every story is different. Each one has it's own rhythm, it's own message...  It goes in and out, up and down, showing us that there’s a definite push and pull to life... I don’t quite understand it or how it works exactly… but I feel it, and am aware of the things coming and going in and out of my life as a result of my shifts in and out of energy. As I move physically and shed old habits , I allow new and unexpected ones to fall right into place with where I am now… ones that grow with me, compliment me, and create me and my story… but it’s not always easy end the last chapter...  or to keep reading the story without wanting to skip ahead... but is anything there, or do we have to keep writing to create what's next?


In the beginning, before the plans are made, the bonds are formed and the tears are shed… it’s easier to keep writing without wanting to pause… maybe after these things have been endured… it’s easier to know what to leave out for the next time… but it's harder in the moment letting go of what was and weaving memories into this page, with no hopes of what will be the same.  I sometimes miss the fun I used to have in chapters long past… the friends I used to have that understood me, and now just know me as what they knew, based on what they now understand from reading ahead... I miss being understood… and understanding… but somehow I don’t… I just know what is written... and words that pose as the truth.

It’s the past that’s hard to let go… but easy to forget as the plot thickens. As you keep reading, you can see where you are, with no clue where that is going… and still go on with confidence that it is exactly where you need to be, because it’s where you are. There’s no turning back, no looking forward, just seeing this all for the first time… with the knowledge from what's been learned... creating as you go, putting the words down as they come and arrive where you are from where you’ve been… there may be times you long for what was or wish for what could be... but all of these pictures are on the pages of wherever your story is now... and since the past reveals no secrets of what's to come and new moments expose themselves day by day, allowing you to interpret them in to words that will continue to fill the blank pages ahead, the ending is always a surprise... and still in your hands.


Today's Silver Lining:
"I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined, I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned, Staring at the blank page before you, Open up the dirty window, Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find, Reaching for something in the distance, So close you can almost taste it, Release your inhibitions, Feel the rain on your skin, No one else can feel it for you, Only you can let it in, No one else, no one else, Can speak the words on your lips, Drench yourself in words unspoken, Live your life with arms wide open, Today is where your book begins, The rest is still unwritten." Unwritten- by Natasha Bedingfield

No comments:

Post a Comment