Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting Up

So, I write in this blog pretty much everyday... today was no exception... but today I had written ALOT!!  I had found a bunch of great quotes throughout the day and put them all in there... I had typed them all from different books and tea bags and magnets... I had spent the day reading and composing this list for myself and it was one of those things I wanted to have to look back at...  It was more than just some random thoughts I had, it was a treasure of other peoples inspiring and profound words. 

I thought it was saved, then my PC (Piece of Crap) shut down and took my blog as it's victim.  It usually saves... it was saved, but for some reason it is gone.  I am so sad right now... I lost all that work... all that time... I just want to throw my computer into the wall and cry... and scream... and just not write anything because I'm so over it...

However, here I am typing, and slowly pulling myself up from this loss and creating something new, because that's what endings are after all... new beginnings.  And as one of the quotes I had found says:
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."
And like another put it:
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.” Samuel Beckett

There was also another that reminded me:
"Stubbornly persist, and you will find that the limits of your stubbornness go well beyond the stubbornness of your limits."  Robert Brault
Which brought me to the conclusion that:
"Human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." William James
So, while this many not be a smorgasbord of wise sayings to admire, a lengthy or life changing message... it is here in existence... because I chose to get up and start again. 


Today's Silver Lining:

"Whether it's the sunshine, Whether it's the rain, Doesn't make a difference, Till you complain, Whether it's the water comin' in from the roof, Does it piss you off, That you're not waterproof?  Whether you fall, means nothing at all, It's whether you get up, It's whether you get up."  Whether You Fall - by Tracy Bonham

No comments:

Post a Comment