Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Saturday, April 17, 2010

Show and Tell

It's been a year since I was out exploring; swinging through trees and floating down rivers... I kinda blogged in Asia, but India got left out.  I was reading my old journals and decided to post some things I wrote, since I never seemed to do that on the road. (...that, and I have nothing else to write about at the moment... besides this unexplainable burning desire to travel again!  What can I say, I'm a gyspy at heart!!)
So, it's show and tell time, circa India:

Three Little Birds
I feel as if I've finally grown,
Thanks to things I'd seen,
But now been shown.
Wisdom this deep grew firm and strong,
Which sprouted beauty,
Which inspired song.

I feel as if I've finally let go,
Of future worries,
I may never know.
Discarding weight this heavy made me light,
Which healed my wings,
So I took flight.

I feel as if I've found some grace,
In moments past,
But not erased.
A feeling this hot left a burn,
Which formed a scar,
Which helped me learn.

I know I've finally seen loves face,
In wisdom,
Letting go,
And grace.
I feel the peace within my soul,
which makes me us,
part of the whole.


Sparkle-In
Wind blows my hair like ruffled feathers,
Another storm my soul weathers,
I feel the sky's blue, as I'm swimming through it,
And as I pass the sun, I'm singing to it.
A love so true is what I sought,
When the gusts were tough, but still I fought.
And now I even smell the bliss,
I blow the universe a big wet kiss,
I thank my God for showing me how,
To feel the way I feel right now,
And though the light, I won't always see,
It continues to shine, inside of me.

How
Questioning myself.
Questioning you too.
I don't know how to feel.
I don't know what to do.
I want this all to end.
But first it must begin.
There's no way to fight this war.
But I'm hoping that I win.



Awake
It wasn't until I surrendered,
That victory was one/won...
It wasn't until my story ended,
That my world begun...
But this fight's not over yet,
It wasn't meant to be,
I give my eyes a rest,
And then I'll really see...
It's everything I ever wanted,
It's nothing I thought it was,
But I can't read the ending,
Still stuck at the because...
To wake up, I close my mind,
Now go far away...
Into truth within myself,
Where the only thing to say...
Is nothing.


Flowing
How do I capture right now?
I need to do it somehow.
This peace smothered over my soul,
That's melding me into the whole.
This beauty I cannot describe.
This feeling of being alive.
No device can capture it's face.
No words can describe its embrace.
Floating along on infinite grace,
Nothing changes as we glide place to place.
I don't want to blink it away,
Afraid if I leave it won't stay.
I breathe it in, and give thanks for this now,
And I realized I figured out how.


Today's Silver Lining:

"Tell me did you sail across the sun, Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded, And that heaven is overrated, Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star, One without a permanent scar, And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there.  Now that she’s back from that soul vacation, Tracing her way through the constellation, hey, hey, hey, mmmm.....She checks out Mozart while she does tae-bo, Reminds me that there’s room to grow, hey, hey, hey, hey."  Drops of Jupiter- by Train

No comments:

Post a Comment