Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Monday, April 5, 2010

Life, Love and the Pursuit of Happiness



Sometimes it is easy to spend so much time, so many thoughts, so many words, and so little faith in the pursuit of happiness.  Planning, wishing, hoping, dreaming, doubting it's long awaited arrival... then it seems as soon as exhaustion sets in and the search is suspended, it shows up all on it's own.  


Yet somehow, regardless of this repeated proof... it still seems so hard to just let it be, and know that it is simply the absence of a search which seek.  It is a moment which is never the same, and always here.


 Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne



Today's Silver Lining:

"I have kissed honey lips, Felt the healing in her fingertips, It burned like fire, This burning desire.  I have spoke with the tongue of angels, I have held the hand of a devil, It was warm in the night, I was cold as a stone.  But I still haven't found, What I'm looking for, But I still haven't found, What I'm looking for."  I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For- by U2

No comments:

Post a Comment