Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Sunday, April 25, 2010

Many Angles of Angels

an·gel-n.-
1. A typically benevolent celestial being that acts as an intermediary between heaven and earth, especially in Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Zoroastrianism.
2. A representation of such a being, especially in Christianity, conventionally in the image of a human figure with a halo and wings.
3. angels Christianity The last of the nine orders of angels in medieval angelology. From the highest to the lowest in rank, the orders are: seraphim, cherubim, thrones, dominations or dominions, virtues, powers, principalities, archangels, and angels.
4. A guardian spirit or guiding influence.
5.a. A kind and lovable person.b. One who manifests goodness, purity, and selflessness

When I was a little girl I had lots of friends... nobody else could see them or hear them, but to me they were as real as the sunlight... they were angels.  They told me stories, helped me build forts and write poems.  I grew up in a Catholic school, where angels were part of a simple definitive lesson... something as easy as 2+2=4... my experience didn't add up.  One day I was taught to believe that they have wings and live with God in heaven, and get to wear cool tinsel halos around their head at the Christmas play. I figured that angels weren't my friends, since they lived in heaven, so I stopped talking to them and making castles for us to play in together. As time has passed and I have seen many other perspectives of them... from celestial beings of light and simple plants, to my mom... I have realized that like so many things in life there are many places from which people look at angels, thus many angles from which people see them depending on where they're looking from.

To some they are shunned, associated with fantasy... to some they are an image from a book, they sing in choirs in heaven and wear all white and have golden halos of light ... to some they are profound sacred guides that are always there for assistance in times of need... to some they are people who make them smile... as for me, well, I'm moving around so much, I've seen many too many angles to pick one angel... but I am grateful for all of the above!!  I've also found that many more people now strive to be their own angels... as defined in #5!

No matter how it looks from wherever you are... it's your angle on angels that you see... so don't be too quick to judge someone else's angel, before you're standing on their ledge viewing things from their angle :-)

Today's Silver Lining:

"Says she talks to angels, Says they all know her name, Oh yeah, she talks to angels, Says they call her out by her name.  She don't know no lover, None that I ever seen, And to her that ain't nothing, But to me, It means, means everything."  She Talks to Angels- by The Black Crows

No comments:

Post a Comment