Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fake It Ya Make It

Fake it till you make it: is a common catchphrase that means to imitate confidence so that as the confidence produces success, it will generate real confidence.

Sometimes in life you aren't quite where you wanna be, and you just have to fool the world, (and yourself), into thinking you are... you've gotta fake it til you make it!  I was reminded of this lesson in yoga today of all places.  The teacher was telling us to give gratitude for all the things we have and then for the things we don't have as if we do... she said you may not have them, but just keep saying thank you for them as if you do, and fake it til you make it.

Sometimes in life there are those moments where we are in a place that looks so far from we want to be, that it seems impossible to get there ... and it is in those moments where the thoughts you think create the transportation, or lack there of, to get there.  When you believe in your dreams, your capabilities, yourself... you're on your way there!!  Some places have a longer journey to take than others, but they're all reachable as long as we continue our way, and don't stop fueling our thought bus with the belief to get us there.

I have found that in my life if there is something I truly want, I will find a way to get it.  If I seem to be lazy on the way there, or standing in one place, I ask myself, "Is this where I really want to be going?"  Many times I find it's not, and get my head, to head somewhere else!  The things that we really feel good about and love to spend our time on will naturally occupy our thoughts on their own, creating a joy ride to success!!  When we think as if we are, we eventually build our belief in that... and whatever you believe you receive! 

So fake it til ya make it, and you may realize before long, that you already are!!

Here's someone teaching me this:
Here's the first thing, (and one of the only one's that I use), I learned on guitar when I was in Asia... it was the perfect first lesson, and I realized then just how powerful it was to fake it til you make it!! :-)




Today's Silver Lining:

"Well you might be a bit confused, and you might be a little bit bruised, but baby how we spoon like no one else.  So I will help you read those books, if you will soothe my worried looks, and we will put the lonesome on the shelf.  Oh let’s get rich and buy our parents homes in the South of France, let's get rich and give everybody nice sweaters, and teach them how to dance, let's get rich and build our house on a mountain, making everybody look like ants, from way up there you and I, you and I."  You and I- by Ingrid Michaelson


No comments:

Post a Comment