Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Friday, April 9, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I have been living the life of a gypsy... and I keep forgetting where I live.  I've been in LA a bunch, and Vegas hasn't set in, but Florida will always be my first love.  There are many places I feel like I could just stay forever when I'm there, or places I've never been that have the feeling of home.  At the moment, I'm grateful to be able to fly from one location to the next, always being right at home. 
It is said, "Home is where the heart is."  I have found that to be true... places I feel the most at home are sometimes the furthest away geographically, but where I feel connected on a deeper level... sometimes they are places I'd least expect, a party, a store, the ocean. Anywhere can feel like home when the heart is there, when you are able to feel in the moment that you're right where you belong...
However, sometimes the place where your stuff is, where you have your own space, pay bills, and unpack can be really great as well... even if it doesn't quite feel like home.

Today's Silver Lining:

"I've got my memories always inside of me, But I can't go back, Back to how it was, I believe you now, I've come too far, No I can't go back, Back to how it was, Created for a place I've never known, This is home, Now I'm finally, Where I belong."  This is Home- by Switchfoot

No comments:

Post a Comment