Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Thursday, February 25, 2010

Making a Mess

Sometimes when I think too much I start to feel like my life is a mess.  I start to try to rationalize the decisions I've made in my life and feel like they don't make sense.  I wonder where I'm going, what I'm doing and why I can't seem to just be 'normal'...  I listen to what others say about just settling down, getting a job, starting a family and think maybe that they're right and that does make more sense... 

Then I remember who I am, all I've been able to do and learn in my life, the freedom, true freedom I have, and the genuine peace I've found... and I know in my heart that I wouldn't want it any other way.  It's not always easy following your intution, taking risks, and going againt the norm... but it's always worth it!!  And although my life may seem like a mess according to the standard, it feels wonderful to live it... and I'm grateful for being able to!!  I am grateful to be able to go out in search of more than I've been told is there... I'm grateful that I can live as I choose and not as I'm told.  I read a great article by Andrew Cohen that says:

Evolution is a messy process. So anybody who really wants to make the effort to strive for something new is going to have to be willing to make mistakes, take wrong turns, even to fail, but never give up. The simple truth is this: if not failing is more important to you than genuinely succeeding, you’re never going to make it. If you really want to succeed, you have to have the big heart, heroic will, tenacity, courage, and commitment to fearlessly engage with the evolutionary process until something profound, mysterious, and extraordinary happens that cannot be undone.


Amen to that!!!  So here's to making a mess and loving it!!
 
Today's Silver Lining:
 
"I am no Superman, I have no reasons for you, I am no hero, Oh, that's for sure, But I do know one thing,
Is where you are is where I belong, I do know where you go, Is where I want to be, Where are you going?
Where do you go? Are you looking for answers, To questions under the stars? Well, if along the way, You are grown weary, You can rest with me until, A brighter day and you're okay."  Where are you Going - by The Dave Matthews Band






This is the magazine the article is from, full of great stuff!!

No comments:

Post a Comment