Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Saturday, February 6, 2010

Being Happy

Sometimes in life it's not until you stop trying to find things and figure everything out that you begin to really appreciate life and all it has to offer... sometimes when you are trying to get away from it all, you finally find it, and realize it has been there all along... disappointments may still linger, but they now make sense, and seem like gifts. They become part of you and you realize that you aren't all positives or negatives and you never will be and that is okay... you realize you aren't crazy you're human, and so are all these other people that surround you.

It is when you are wanting, that you are constantly unhappy until that want is filled... you are waiting for the chance to be happy. And when you get that want, and you have a moment where the want is gone, and that feeling is labeled as 'happy.' However, when that wanting is not an issue to suppress, and you are suddenly just grateful for what you have, and trust what will be, than you are always in that happy place. When you finally let go, your hands are open to receive all the happiness they can hold!!

 You find good in places you never thought you would, and you are finally aware of how great being you is, not concerned or afflicted or cautious, but alive and present and so content that you are unaware of anything else... other people's reactions to you, what they are doing; better or worse, what you need, what you want... because all of a sudden, it's all taken care of. Rather than compete with the world you join the team and start to cheer everyone else on.

Life, it's the most complex form of simplicity unknown to man.... it is beautiful and everything else that comes out of beauty... it is rainy, windy, cold, and alone... but with a good book, tasty cup of tea, warm comfy clothes, and a person that you couldn't live without, yourself.

You can't get happy, you can only be happy!!  Try it, you'll be happy you did : )

Today's Silver Lining:

"And there are some who say there are so many things I need, So I run or I fight and I crawl or I scream and I bleed, I bleed, I bleed.  Well it's a lie, it's a lie-don't you believe it, If you're fine, then you're fine-it's all how you see it, Oh, there will never be no conspiracy of happiness,  I'm on a high, on a high, There's nothing more to it, I have the sun, it's a star, Why should I refuse it? And there are so many reasons I could give you why I should be down, There's not enough money or time and my love, you're not around, around, around."   On a High- by Duncan Sheik

No comments:

Post a Comment