Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Friday, February 5, 2010

Don't Stop, Believe-In

Lately, I really like looking into definitions.  Especially those of things I've only defined by my own experience and beliefs... I found that though many of the definitions are quite obvious, sometimes putting them in simple words, seeing them for what they are changes how I view them, and what I believe them to be.  So, what exactly does it mean to believe in something?


Believe: v.  accept as true; take to be true; be confident about something; follow a credo; have a faith

I believe in things,
Colors, smells, feelings they inspire,

I believe in what I feel,
more often than not it is real,

I believe in life, and in living it,
In loving it, and things it includes,

I believe in change,
I believe it leads to success,
It leads to fresh new drops of life,
Pouring from infinite skies,

I believe that things happen,
For a reason, in good time, and eventually...
If you believe them to,

I believe in love,
Despite recent loss, and pain,
With no proof or evidence,
But with a great faith...

I believe in faith,
I have to, it is hope,
It is the opposite of knowledge, but just as real,
It is truth, it is what I am,

I believe in Happiness,
The fun and laughter, and sadness and tears,
that lead to joy and real love,
Real life, and emotion,

I believe in reality,
It will find me one day, and I will become active in it,
I will dream what I now do,
And embrace that which I now fear,

I believe in you.
I believe in me.
I believe in God.
And that we are limitless...
Bound only by belief.

I am grateful for the change,
of mind, heart, and faith
That keeps me believing.

______________________________________________________


“Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability to do it even if I didn't have it in the beginning.” -Mahatma Gandhi

“One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.” -Joan of Arc




Today's Silver Lining:

"Some will win, Some will lose, Some were born to sing the blues, Oh, the movie never ends, It goes on and on and on and on, Don't stop believin', Hold on to the feelin', Streetlights, people, ohhhhh, Don't stop believin', Hold on." Don't Stop Believing - by Journey

No comments:

Post a Comment