Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Wednesday, February 10, 2010

All or Nothing

In life, there is very rarely a middle ground worth taking... lukewarm is not pleasing to the palate, it's gotta be hot or cold.  So many times we try to wait and see, take the easy way, the safe way... we try to compromise what we know is right because neutral has better odds of fitting into our plan.  I have learned that sometimes in life, you just gotta go all in.  You have to have real honest to goodness faith that life will take care of you.

Tonight we played some blackjack, and I won a couple, lost a couple, then I was down to $30 and I had a feeling to go all in.  The dealer dealt the cards, my first card, a queen, my 2nd one face down.  Before he flipped it he asked, "So do you think it was it worth it?"  To which I replied, "It's always worth it to give it all you got."  He flipped my card, and whadda ya know, an ace!! 

Now, I'm not saying you need to go put all your money down, or do anything drastic, but there are times in life where you just know, there's a risk that needs taking.  Whether it's a move, telling someone how you feel, or a game of Blackjack, you just know that at that moment, it's not about if you win or lose, it's about if you play, and if you have the faith to go all in.

The thing is, in moments like that when we trust, when we take a chance without a doubt, we've already come out on top, because the real victory is in going for it.  Even if I had lost, I would've been okay with it, because I did what I had to do... and that my friends, is part of playing the game of life. 

So... take a chance, take that leap, JUMP... and see how life catches you; the net may appear... but if you're really lucky, you just might grow wings : )

Today's Silver Lining:

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table. There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.  Ev'ry gambler knows that the secret to survivin', Is knowin' what to throw away and knowing what to keep. 'Cause ev'ry hand's a winner and ev'ry hand's a loser, And the best that you can hope for is to die in your sleep." The Gambler- by Kenny Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment