Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Explanation is the Enemy of Freedom

There is a popular saying that states:

"Expectation is the enemy of freedom."
 Now, I agree with this entirely.  When you have those great plans in your head, you limit the possibilities for your reality to create, and often end up disappointed.  Going into things with expectation doesn't give the moment a chance to allow whatever is best for you now, and instead, counts on your idea of what was.

I have tried to let go of many expectations in life, and when I do I am always glad I did... and when I don't I'm usually laughing at myself for making things so difficult.  Lately though, the thing that's been getting me more than my expectations, are other peoples expectations of me, and my need for an explanation.  Every time someone asks me why I'm doing something, or what I want to do, I feel I need to explain myself... but not only explain, justify my reasoning.  We are born wanting to know why... Why is the sky blue? Why is the grass green?  Why do birds sing?

The thing is, I'm not really sure how to explain, to others, or myself, a lot of the why's?  This is a real challenge for me because although I've been going through a major transition for a while, (and I will always be growing and changing in some form),  I was in India and Asia, where people are all doing that and don't ask why.  Now I'm trying to figure things out here; to trust, follow the signs, take chances, sit still, run faster, do, be, stop knowing... and no matter what I come up with, none of my explanations seem genuine.  They don't seem to explain much... they only seem to limit my experience and surrender my power into the hands of the questions they're trying to satisfy.

Then I realized how many why's I have tried to answer, that are really beyond explanation... and when I stopped expecting an explanation, I found the answer was simple... because it is. My own answers are no different, I don't need to explain what I am doing, I just need to live in a way that the why's explain themselves.   It's not important what you do, it's important why you do.  So even if you can't explain your why's; be love, be truth, be light... and then you will be why.


Today's Silver Lining:

"I wrote these words for everyone who struggles in their youth, Who won't accept deception, in--instead of what is truth, It seems we lose the game, Before we even start to play, Who made these rules? We're so confused, Easily led astray, Let me tell ya that...Everything Is Everything, What is meant to be, will beAfter winter, must come springChange, it comes eventually." Everything is Everything- by Lauren Hill 

No comments:

Post a Comment