Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Sunday, February 21, 2010

Love Maybe

I'm at that age where everyone is waiting for me to find true love, get swept away, married, and live happily ever after.  Funny thing I'm also at a place in my life where love has become so much deeper to me than something you write in a card on Valentines day.  It isn't something that can be understood through a definition...


Love: n- a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person, affectionate concern for the well-being of others, Chiefly Tennis. a score of zero; nothing.

Love: v- to have love or affection for, to need or require; benefit greatly from


That is like trying to explain what sugar tastes like to someone who's never had anything sweet. Love isn't something I seek from people anymore, it's something I give and in turn receive... It's something I see in places I least expect... It's more than a verb... It's what life is made of... It's the opposite of fear... It's constantly evolving... It is infinite... It's something I am constantly learning more and more about, and realizing how little I know. So what is love? Where is love? I'd like to think the answers are everything and everywhere... but there are no exact answers in/of/about/to love. So I've realized love today will not look the same as love tomorrow, that there are no boundaries in love only moments, and what we label as in love can be out of many other things. So... is there a love actually?  Maybe.


Maybe, love is simple, and as easy as it should be... and one day a boy will sweep my off my feet and just like a fairytale, I will fall hopelessly in love, and I will be loved in return... courted, taken care of, and safe in the strong arms of a man who may as well be a prince and we will live happily ever after.

Maybe.

Or perhaps after years of searching and wishing and waiting I will finally have an epiphany, and realize what life is all about... I will do all the things I've dreamed of, I will wear long flowing skirts that blow in the breeze as I walk along the beach every night, and create art in life's most simple moments... I will learn to love myself and finally feel content.

Maybe.

Then again perhaps this confusion about love is all part of life, and it will remain in various forms throughout my life as my love continues to evolve and change... it will inspire me, enrich my soul and create my dreams, it will keep me burning to be a better person and though I will never arrive at a destination... I will have a fabulous journey.

Maybe.

Or maybe, just maybe I will never know what love actually is, but I will always have it... maybe I will learn to stop looking so hard for answers, because I will stop asking questions, and instead create bliss and love in each moment.

Maybe...

Today's Silver Lining:

"Some people go around the world for love, but they may never find what they dream of, What you won't do, do for love, You've tried everything but you don't give up, In my world only you makes me do, For love what I would not do." Bobby Caldwell






No comments:

Post a Comment