Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Sunday, February 7, 2010

Follow Your Instinct

I'm not very knowledgeable about football stats.  I know the basics, but I'm no pro, especially as far as making bets go... But for some reason I wanted to bet on the Saints this year.  Not only that they would win, but by at least 11 points.

Now, I should have just placed the bet, but instead, I asked opinions of people who I thought had more knowledge of this kinda stuff.  I was told that was a gimmick bet.  I was told to just bet the odds, and bet on the Colts... by several people.

Now the one thing I did stick to was to bet on the Saints, but I bet less and just on the odds.  Well whadda ya know, the Saints won 31-17, by 14 points.  And even though I won, I feel like I lost, because I didn't listen to myself.

Now, of COURSE there's a silver lining here... haha!!  And for me, it was that it's okay to do what I feel even when others tell me their opinion, and try to explain why mine is not logical or right in their eyes.  It reminded me why I live like I do, and that it's not until my game is over, that people will understand.  Until then, I need to trust myself, my angels, my guides and God, to know what's best for me, and not what makes sense to everyone else.

So thanks to all my Divine guidance for getting me here, this time, I'm all in!!!

Today's Silver Lining:

"Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew, When I bit off more than I could chew, But through it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up and spit it out. I faced it all and I stood tall, And did it my way. I've loved, I've laughed and cried, I've had my fill - my share of losing. But now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing. To think I did all that, And may I say, not in a shy way - Oh no. Oh no, not me. I did it my way.  For what is a man? What has he got? If not himself - Then he has naught. To say the things he truly feels And not the words of one who kneels. The record shows I took the blows, And did it my way."  My Way- by Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment