Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Sunday, May 2, 2010

Wisdom: Step One

When I sat down to write today, I had one idea in mind, wisdom.  Simple. Well, that's where I got some true experience in what wisdom really is!!  As I began to write, I found one thing kept leading me to question the next.  As I sat and took a look at wisdom, I had to question knowledge...


Knowledge: n.- acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition; the sum of what is known; the fact or state of knowing; the perception of fact or truth; awareness, as of a fact or circumstance.

So, there you have it... the knowledge of what knowledge is known as :-)  Now, learning that what I found interesting, is that not one place in it's definition did it state that knowledge is the truth.  So that lead me to wonder, what exactly is...

Truth: n.- the true or actual state of a matter; conformity with fact or reality; a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like.

And of course that lead me to ask, what is a...


Fact: n.- something that actually exists; reality; truth.

Ok, well there's that word reality again, so I had to know...



Reality: n- the state or quality of being real;a real thing or fact.

Then, this is where I found something that really jumped out at me...


Reality: n.-Philosophy
a. that which exists, independent of human awareness
b. the totality of facts as they are independent of human awareness
 
I have to go back into my knowledge vault for a moment and question that. What about the theory that our thoughts create our reality... isn't our thought part of our...


 awareness n.- having knowledge of

Well that brings me back to knowledge again... so I have to reference back to my source:
Simply stated, we create the world we live in by our thoughts and beliefs. Our experience of life is created directly by the way we think. Thoughts and words are powerful living entities. Creation is made first by a thought. God once decided to create the world of matter. First came the thought. Then by speaking, God made manifest the thought - "Let There Be Light".

So now I see a connection!!!  If God made manifest by doing, then it brings me to:


 
Wisdom: the quality or state of being wise; knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action; sagacity, discernment, or insight.



That gets me back to wisdom, but I still have more questions!! Which is where I utilize my knowledge:



"One's first step in wisdom is to question everything - and one's last is to come to terms with everything."- Lichtenberg

Step one... check, check, check!!!  Now, it's time to keep on walking!!



Today's Silver Lining:

"The lips of the righteous teach many, But fools die for want of wisdom.  The rich man wealth is in his city; Do you hear, do you hear, can you understa-and?!  Destruction of the poor, is poverty; destruction of the soul, is vanity.  The righteous' wealth is in his Holy Pla-ace.  Do you hear?  Those who have eyes, to see will see!"  Wisdom- by Bob Marley 




1 comment:

  1. Laura,

    Love your insights. Great way to start the
    day...

    ReplyDelete