Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Monday, May 10, 2010

What's Possible???

Possible: adj- Capable of happening, existing, or being true without contradicting proven facts, laws, or circumstances; Capable of occurring or being done without offense to character, nature, or custom.

So, that's what we are told to believe we can do... things that have been done, that are already known, that don't go against proof... but if we only stay within these possibilities, how can we ever create new ones??? I don't understand how a lot of things work, I just know they do because of experience... because I've tried them and they've become part of my reality. Now many things in my life that once seemed impossible, are all possibilities I am being presented with.


It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow. ~Robert H. Schuller


Today I found a note I had written myself that simply said: "All I want is to spread happiness to everyone in the world." Haha, oh, that's it?! Just to make everyone in the world happy!! Sounds impossible right!?! Well, here's the even funnier part... I also realized that's exactly what I'm doing! I'm working for a new book called, Delivering Happiness, by Tony Hsieh and I am literally packing and sending this book to people all over the world... thus literally delivering, Delivering Happiness, to people all over the world! It wasn't quite what I pictured I'd be doing when I had written that, but in a strange way, it is exactly what I wanted to give people, some real, honest to goodness happiness! And that is just what this book does, in so many ways!! The book itself is a bundle of stories that will bring anyone who reads it not only some good laughs, but some insight on the psychology of happiness as well! It shows many things that seemed impossible at the time, and the persistence and attitude that made them not only possible, but profitable! It gives people examples of how to overcome things with a smile, and a few things to avoid preventing those smiles from being turned upside down :-) Since the book isn't actually being released until June 7... all the copies I'm delivering are advanced copies people have won, so ya know that's a happy little treat! Then to top it off, I put little notes inside the book sometimes encouraging a happy dance... or a happiness fortune, such as: "Happy is he who gets advanced copies of good books... whoo hoo, that's you!" I'm tellin ya folks, it doesn't get much happier... people are gettin really happy out there... and you could be next, so warm up your smiles!!

The thing is, I wrote that actually believing it was possible, not trying to figure out how... rather just trying to do it little by little... and now book by book. When you just try things that seem impossible, they suddenly become... well, more than simply possible... incredible!



There is nothing impossible to him who will try.~Alexander the Great

It is so true... anything you try, even attempt, is instantly not impossible anymore, it is now an option, a dream, a lesson... it exists, because it is being learned through experience. When you look at things this way, when you try doing what others may not have found yet, you realize....


Failure is impossible. ~Susan B. Anthony

I still look at things everyday that seem like they should be impossible to me... that I can talk to my parents in Florida on skype through a computer and we can see and hear each other... I mean, that seems like it should be impossible! The fact that we can fly through the sky in an airplane and get to places in hours, that used to take people decades... that's amazing!! Thinking about space and all the galaxies beyond and lifeforms that exist, (the fact that I'm an super dork and watch too much PBS!), seems unimaginable!! Yet, all these things are proven through trial and error... key word TRIAL, or TRY-ALL!!

We are an impossibility in an impossible universe. ~Ray Bradbury

Yet we are here. You are here. I am here... Impossible... or I'M-Possible!!! The world is amazing, life is amazing and as I learned from reading Delivering Happiness, and now experience through delivering, Delivering Happiness, (the fact that I'm delivering, Delivering Happiness, never gets old, lol),
It's kind of fun to do the impossible. ~Walt Disney


It doesn't matter what you do, where you are, what got you here, how impossible it may have seemed... Here you are, and as for what happens now... well, the possibilities are endless, and so are the impossibilities!!


Here's the website for the book if you want in on some possible happiness!!
www.deliveringhappinessbook.com/

Today's Silver Lining:

"Who's to say, What's impossible, Well they forgot, This world keeps spinning, And with each new day, I can feel a change in everything, And as the surface breaks reflections fade, But in some ways they remain the same, And as my mind begins to spread its wings, There's no stopping curiosity, I want to turn the whole thing upside down, I'll find the things they say just can't be found, I'll share this love I find with everyone, We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs, I don't want this feeling to go away." Upside Down- by Jack Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment