Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Forever and Always Silver Lining

So today's the day to celebrate moms and say thank you for all they do.  I thought about doing what I always do, sending a gift with a card, thanking my mom for how amazing she is, for ALWAYS being there, no matter where I happen to be in my gypsy life.... for always supporting all of my many ideas and dreams, and for always being my voice of reason when I'm at a loss for words... for showing me what love is through the way she lives every moment of her life, and teaching me the many uses of a wooden spoon, lol!  ... but instead of telling her the same things again, I'd thought I'd take a different approach.

Most of my life I just thought that all mom's had to be this compassionate, it wasn't until much later that I realized it was a choice...  That all she gave up for me and did for me was from her heart, not the mandatory mommy handbook. I've struggled with being different since I was a kid, going off the beaten path, and following my dreams... rather than the footsteps that society tells me to follow. I've lived in many places, had many friends come and go, been betrayed, ridiculed, questioned and doubted by most... but never by her.  Even when I thought my dreams were unrealistic, she was the one to tell me to go follow them anyways!!  She always had a way to to keep me inspired even when I was across the country ... and somehow all the random cards she sent would arrive in the mail, just when I needed some words of encouragement. She always helped me feel like I could do anything... and reminded me that she was proud of me for trying, no matter what the outcome.  She is the reason that I was never afraid to leap, was because I knew it was ok to fall with her there to encourage me to get back up.  She never tried to make me into what she thought I should be, or worried about what others thought of who I was... she always embraced and encouraged me to be who I am!!  I know that it's not an easy task, listening to all the doubts, trials, and confusion that come along with my journey... but she is always on the phone as long as it takes for me to see the light and process through those things.  And as I travel and move and evolve into new ways of thinking, she is always there, and allows me to change without judgement, showing me what true love looks like.  The solid foundation my faith in life is built upon was created by her example and wisdom.  Life is tough, but it's a lot easier knowing there's someone out there who loves you and believes in you no matter what... she would have to feel the immense gratitude for her in my heart that grows with each breath,  to ever really understand just how much I appreciate/adore/admire/love her!!!!!

 So this Mother's Day my wish is for her to feel the same way.  To know that I believe in her no matter what.  That she can do anything she dreams of, go anywhere she has ever imagined, and continue to embrace all of life's beauty.  To remind her of how amazing and talented she is, and how much better the world is because she is in it.  To encourage her to never be afraid to try something new or take a chance.  To know how proud I am of her and all she does.  And to know that regardless of any choice she ever makes, I will love her and stand beside her just as she has always done for me!!! 

Here's to the most amazing mother, who's always encouraged me to be me, while reminding me I'd always always have her... thank you for this and all of the amazing lessons you've taught me, and for always reminding me what's important!  I love you so so very much, you are the sunshine that always creates my silver lining, forever and always!!! 


Today's Silver Lining: (play the song, then scroll down... it's my ghetto version of a video, lol)






(Mom's widom...This is why I am able to be who I am...)


Yesterday, when you were young,




Everything you needed done was done for you.



Now you do it on your own

But you find you're all alone,



What can you do?




You and me walk on, walk on, walk on


Cause you can't go back now.





You know there will be days when you're so tired that you can't take another step,



The night will have no stars and you'll think you've gone as far as you will ever get





But you and me walk on, walk on, walk on



Cause you can't go back now



And yeah, yeah, go where you want to go




Yeah, yeah, be what you want to be,



If you ever turn around, you'll see me!



I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else



But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself



And you and me walk on, walk on, walk on


Yeah you and me walk on, walk on, walk on


Cause you can't go back now


Walk on, walk on, walk on


You can't go back now.






And the song my mom always plays for me I'd like to play for her... Mom, I hope you never lose you're sense of wonder, and I hope YOU dance!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment