Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Monday, July 26, 2010

Everything I've Never Wanted

 "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed".~ Mahatma Gandhi

Oh so true... funny how I've been realizing this more and more.  It's a tough thing, this greed stuff.  I've seen many different sides of the coin, and I can understand all of them.  People always wanting more, better, first... fighting against others as if there's not enough... not enough what?  I-phone 4's? Cars? Boyfriends? Jobs?  Food? Time?  We may tell ourselves that, but there is more than enough of everything... (yes even I-Phones, lol!)  I see so many people stressed, (and have been through it many times myself), where they feel the need to keep something for them self  in order to have it... where they feel threatened by someone else who is similar to them, or who is talented at all.   I can think of many times where I've felt if anyone else takes my idea, or job, or cute boy, than I would have to go without... and that's no fun!!

The truth is, we're all on the same team people!  We're in this together, and there's plenty for everyone!!  If someone else takes something I had my eye on, than they're giving me an opening for something better for me. How many times have you wanted something so much one moment, only to find out it wasn't what you wanted in the next?  If you don't get what you thought you wanted, chances are, whoever does, is taking one for the team!! The more we work together to get things, the more we will have... and even realize, that we don't really need much after all!  There's plenty of air and water and food and all that jazz to go around... there's plenty of hugs and high fives and big smiles for everyone too... and the more you give, the more you get!!

I have finally realized how to have it all.  I now know that I can have anything I DON'T want!!  That's right... anything I DON'T WANT!!!  When I just let it go and trust that I can have anything... than I start to become open to all types of things that are so amazing... things I didn't even know I wanted until I got them... things way better than anything I could have asked for!  I skip the wanting, the competing, the anxiety over losing something that's not even mine... and go straight to the gratitude part!!  (which is the best and most fun part anyway!!)  It never gets any less amazing when I get each one of these super cool gifts from life either... in fact it keeps getting better!!  I have everything I've never wanted!!

So, you can have it all... what don't you want??  ;-))


Today's Silver Lining:
"Gotta make more money, Gotta get gotta get there faster than the rest, Knock 'em off the ladder, If they even seem to stand a chance, The big picture, Gotta big white cloud, the big picture, is starin' at me, Starin' at me, Why do I feel so threatened that somebody else will, Take what's mine, Babe it's only rented,  
No one really owns the merchandise. What about what I want, Somehow it got lost somewhere, Inside."  The Big Picture- by Tori Amos

No comments:

Post a Comment