Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Thursday, March 31, 2011

Perfect Timing

I look at some of the things in my life and think, "Wow, that happened at the perfect time."  I also look at somethings and wonder what would happen now if I was to do that again.  They say timing is everything... but I think everything is on time. We may wish things could just happen now, or that we could put life on hold sometimes... but as the saying goes,

"Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward."


Things may seem to happen at the worst time or the best time, but the fact of the matter is, they always happen at the perfect time.  Think back to some of the best stories you tell... they probably involve some unforeseen circumstance that at the time seemed like the end of the world, but now has all worked out.  If you look at the thing in your life that you would classify as the biggest disaster, disappointment, or heartbreak... you could probably stem 3 or more great things from that... Because it's all necessary.

It's just like baking a cake... the flour, raw eggs, salt, butter, sugar, baking soda, etc. don't taste so great on their own, nor would you want to indulge in many of them as they were... but... once they're all mixed up and popped in the oven for a while, they come out tasting like a dream!

Such is life my friends.  Cakes need a lot of boring flour to make up the consistency... we need a lot of seemingly boring stuff to make up our fluffy, yummy life.  When things seem to take to long, we have to trust that they're still not quite cooked yet. When we put things into perspective like that, and think of the universe, God, whatever you wanna call that force, as our baker... we have to trust that anything that's added into our lives is necessary for our recipe, that today's icky baking powder, is just a small ingredient in our delicious life... and that everything is being mixed, beaten and baked at the perfect time ;-)

Today's Silver Lining

"And in the daylight we can hitchhike to Maine, I hope that someday I’ll see without these frames, And in the daylight I don’t pick up my phone, ‘Cause in the daylight anywhere feels like home, I have five clocks in my life, And only one has the time right, I’ll just unplug it for today, I’ll just unplug it for today."  Daylight- by Matt and Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment