Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do What You Do

I read a great article today on how finding your passion is sometimes not the best practice in finding your career. It says that rather than stressing on trying to figure out a deep answer to the question of passion, look at what you do now.  Wow, what a simple, yet overlooked practice!  Here's the article if you're so inclined...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/8349119/Think-Tank-Ever-felt-like-your-job-isnt-what-you-were-born-to-do-Youre-not-alone.html

It's so often we are told to find our passion, look for a calling... but seldom are we ever reminded to take a look in the mirror.  I find this to be one of the most beneficial things one can do.  I remember when I graduated college, I got a bookmark that read, "Happiness is not getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you've got."  It always stuck with me.  If I wanted to be happy, I'd have to utilize whatever was given to me at the moment.  Whatever you have now, do now or see now, is everything you need... for now.  The way you view these things, use these things and invest these things will create what you have next.  Walking as far as we can today, will give us a better head-start for tomorrow... but there is no place you'll end up without taking steps to get there.  So where are you headed right now?

Sometimes it's easy to get caught looking only to the future, but when we stop to look at where we are now, it gives us a better idea of how to get there from here.  And when you look at what you do, it helps you to see how you got where you are... by doin that thing you do!

Today's Silver Lining

"You, Doin' that thing you do, Breaking my heart into a million pieces, Like you always do, And you, Don't mean to be cruel, You never even knew about the heartache, I've been going through 
Well I try and try to forget you girl, But it's just so hard to do, Every time you do that thing you do." That Thing You Do - by The Wonders


No comments:

Post a Comment