Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today Was Tomorrow Yesterday

"If not now, when?"

A quote that sounds all high and mighty, too profound for it's own good... but yet is oh so true.  I've been a procrastinator for most of my life, so I know how easy it is to put things off for the right moment, or until tomorrow... I also know that tomorrow never comes.  I look at so many things in my life that I have put in the hands of tomorrow, to realize they are now dreams of yesterday.

When I look at all the things we dream of in our tomorrows however, I realize what tomorrow is... hope.  Knowing that the sun can come out tomorrow, can give us the hope we need to get through today.  It gives us the inspiration to keep going, to get to that ray of hope we seek ... the thing is, what if the sun doesn't come out? Then what?

That's what I've been trying to figure out lately. When I was so excited yesterday because the sun was finally gonna come out tomorrow, and then today I'm still left in the grey, then what?  Well, what I discovered, is that while we can use tomorrow to inspire us... we cant have any expectations from it.  While tomorrow can supply hope for today, yesterday can supply wisdom for today, so you know how to handle any weather.  Rather than waiting for the sun to come out, take what you learned yesterday, and dance in the rain... with hope for tomorrow, but because it's today :-)


Today's Silver Lining
"Just thinkin' about tomorrow, Clears away the cobwebs, And the sorrow, 'Til there's none! When I'm stuck with a day, That's gray, And lonely, I just stick out my chin, And Grin, And Say, Oh! The sun'll come out tomorrow, So ya gotta hang on 'til tomorrow, Come what may."

No comments:

Post a Comment