Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Tuesday, June 22, 2010

YOUR Life May Be the Only Bible Some People Will Ever Read

Every little thing you do, from brushing your teeth, to getting your sink fixed is part of your story... and your story may be the only one that matters to someone... So, what are they reading?


How was your day today?  What did you do?  Did you make someone smile?  Did you change someones life?  Did you make yourself smile?
 

I pulled over a cop today...
Okay, in all fairness he pulled me over first, but he was so nice and helpful, that as he drove off I decided to chase him down... I then continued to pull him over to say thank you, and gave him a copy of Delivering Happiness.  I told him he deserved it since he had delivered happiness my way with his great attitude!  He told me I was the first person to ever chase him down... and one of the few that was happy to see him!! He said it was nice to know there was someone out there who actually appreciates him... I said it was nice to know there was a cop out there who was understanding!  He told me he'd remember those words the next time he was having a bad day... Who knows, maybe that paragraph I wrote will save someone else a ticket, or even just make him smile... either way it's the little things that can make a BIG difference.

Did you know that FDR suggested everyone donate a dime to polio research, and raised 25.5 million dollars?  Crazy!  He never lived to see the cure, but he helped to create it with a small request!!  He used his story to help create happy endings for many others.  All he suggested was a dime...A little bit goes a long way after a while...

Every word of your story matters... and every word is a choice... so what kind of story are you creating for people to read about??? ;-)

Today's Silver Lining:
"Do I have to tell a story, of a thousand rainy days since we first met, It's a big enough umbrella, But it's always me that ends up getting wet.  Every little thing she does is magic, Everything she do just turns me on, Even though my life before was tragic, Now I know my love for her goes on."  Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic- by Police

No comments:

Post a Comment