Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dream ON!

Dream:
n. - A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep; A state of abstraction; a trance; A wild fancy or hope; A condition or achievement that is longed for; an aspiration; One that is exceptionally gratifying, excellent, or beautiful.
v. - To have a deep aspiration; To experience a dream of while asleep; To regard something as feasible or practical; To daydream.



Dreams have so many different meanings to so many people... and mean so many things even to a single person.  They are experienced at night, in our hearts, and absolutely come true sometimes!!  According to Cinderella, (one of my first and favorite explanations of a dream),
"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.  In dreams you lose your heartaches, whatever you wish for, you keep.  Have faith in your dreams and someday, Your rainbow will come smiling thru.  No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true."
Love that... so simple and sweet!  Also as a girl, I learned from Row, Row, Row, Your Boat, that, "life is but a dream."  I believed these things, and lived as if anything was possible... as if life was a place to make any wish my heart made come true... Then, I was told I needed to stop being such a dreamer, and eventually I began to believe that.

Now I have a much more broad spectrum of what dreams may be, and much less of a firm belief of what they are.  I've been told dreams are silly, and also that they're powerful... that they're strange and also informative.  My own interpretation of a dream has continued to shift, and evolve...  and as I continue to learn about the word and look at it's many hats, I really want to be able to answer the question of what I believe a dream is now...

I breathe in and breathe out to let go of what I've been told, and as ask myself what it truly is for me.  And as I go to my heart, which is my trusted source/ higher self/ guide... I hear my answer...

"A dream is whatever you dream it can be... and you are dreaming your dream up whenever you are connected to your heart's purpose"

Lovely. Sleeping, sitting, laughing, dancing... when I am connected to my true source, my heart, I am dreaming!! Interestingly enough, a wise person recently said to me, "May your dreams reveal your dreams." ;-))


And so... as it was beautifully put by Amos Lee, "People tell me to keep on dreaming, That's just what I'm gonna do." 




Today's Silver Lining:  ( her feather earrings were so ahead of their time... go girl!!)

Some times it feels like I'm stuck forever and ever, But, I'm going higher, Closer to my dreams, I'm goin' higher and higher, I can almost reach, Some times you just have to let it go (Let it go, let it go)  Leaving all my fears to burn down, Push them all away so I can move on, Closer to my dreams, Feel it all over my being, Close your eyes and see what you believe."  Closer- by Goapele


No comments:

Post a Comment