Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Monday, January 3, 2011

The Mysterious Next

I'm always talking about how much I love change.  I embrace it good or bad.  It keeps me going, growing and feeling like I'm making progress... I don't however always have a smile on my face when I'm in the midst of it.  Especially during the dreaded stage of... "What next?"  I've probably been there more than most.  (In fact, for all of you digital socialites out there, if "what's next?" were a place on foursquare I'd be the mayor!)  However, even at the space in between I can't help but feel excited for what's next.


I've heard it many times before and often wondered it myself, "How do I know I'm doing the right thing?"  And every time I've ever done something, no matter what it was, it's lead me to realize that you can only do the right thing.  No matter what the outcome was, somehow, whatever step I took was exactly what I needed to get where I was; which is also a part of where I am now.  It's easy to look into the future and do something to try to get a certain result, then be disappointed when the expectation isn't met, but as I learned from Russell Simmons:



"Always focus on your effort, instead of the results of that effort."

Such great advice.  Just focusing on what can be done now. Life as it is.  Where it is.  Because it is. There's always another and, if, or, what, but for now, you can choose to live it. What's next?  Whatever happens once the next step is taken... but until then it is crucial to remember to keep strutting your stuff... Because no matter where you are now, if you're here, there's still another next to your what in life.


"Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you're alive, it isn't."~ Richard Bach


Today's Silver Lining:
"Welcome to your life, There's no turning back, Even while we sleep, We will find you, Acting on your best behavior, Turn your back on mother nature, Everybody wants to rule the world, It's my own design, It's my own remorse, Help me to decide, Help me make the most, Of freedom and of pleasure, Nothing ever lasts forever, Everybody wants to rule the world." Everybody Wants to Rule the World- by Tears for Fears




No comments:

Post a Comment