Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Friday, January 7, 2011

Why, Thank You

The more I choose to be thankful for, the more life seems to open its doors and welcome me in.  I meet people who seem to be exactly what I need in that moment.  I'm in the right place at the right time.  It's not that the things in my life have even changed that much, but there is a difference between having a life, and having a life you're grateful for.  And the more I am thankful for… the more I have to be thankful for. Life is full of the same things for everyone in different costumes.  Joys, sorrows, loses, gains, struggles, victories... but what makes some people enjoy things more than others, is the way they choose to view these things.  We can choose how we view our lives and react to our circumstance.  When things get tough, we can choose to learn from them and move on… or play victim.  When things are good, we can choose to enjoy and be grateful for the blessing, or worry about what's gonna happen next. 
 
Now I'm not saying you have to be grateful for everything that happens, (or maybe I am), but at least looking at everything in relation to it's place in the bigger picture.  You may not like going to the gym, but you'll probably like the results.  It's not easy to be thankful while watching a loved one suffer, but it makes you more grateful for them. Change is sometimes tough, but it enables new exciting things to happen.  To be grateful is to really value and embrace everything on the path of our life's journey, and that allows us to keep moving along.  Thank you is like the "Open Sesame," to the  secret door of life's abundance.  I try to wake up with one "thank-you" everyday, and have seen how welcome I am into a whole new world of possibilities!



Today's Silver Lining:

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay, my head just feels in pain, I missed the bus and, there'll be hell today, I'm late for work again, And even if I'm there, they'll all imply , that I, might not last the day, And then you call me and it's not so bad, it's not so bad and I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life, Oh just to be with you is having the best day of my life. Thank You- by Dido 








No comments:

Post a Comment