Once upon all the time, something challenging happens, followed by something amazing...




Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Blah, Blah, Ah ha...

I was thinking about all the things people will tell you these days... from the president, to advertisers, to your friends.  It's so easy to tell people what you think they want to hear.  "This product will change your life," or, "I can change this country for the better," or the classic, "I'm so busy, next time for sure." It's rare however, that those things said are proven to be true.

I find myself doing that often times with life, the difference is, life is no sucker... it's not gonna buy the dreams I'm selling... life isn't listening, it's happening... based on what I DO.  I can talk about going to the gym as much as I want, but the only thing that is gonna get me in shape, is going.  There's a great story about a man who went to church everyday and prayed to win the lottery.  "Please God, Please, just let me win this week!"  He did this for years, and finally God replied, "Please, Please buy a ticket."

We want things to happen, to change, to amaze us, but at the end of the day, it is up to us to listen to what we are saying... and then do it!  We can't rely on words alone, the proof is in the pudding.  If I was to tell you that I could do 5 backflips in a row, you'd want to see me do it... otherwise, you wouldn't believe me... I hope!  It's the action that gives words value.  One of my favorite lessons from The Four Agreements, by Don Miguel Ruiz, is, "Be impeccable with your word." Doing what you say creates trust.  Like the little boy who cried wolf... after so many times, no one believed him when there was a wolf, because his previous actions proved otherwise.

When we start listening to what we're saying and compare that to what we are doing... it's easy to see why things are or are not happening.  If there are things you keep telling yourself, or others, make them happen!  Like the old saying goes, "Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk."  And if you're enjoying the walk, why not run every now and again?!


Today's Silver Lining
"Saying "I love you", Is not the words I want to hear from you, It's not that I want you, Not to say, but if you, only knew how easy, It would be to show me how you feel, More than words, Is all you have to do to make it real, Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me, Cause I'd already know." More Than Words- by Extreme

No comments:

Post a Comment